There has been a lot of knitting going on around here, and I'm seriously behind blogging it all. A couple of other deadlines on assignments are looming, and I feel a little guilty blogging when I should be writing on those pieces - even though I'd much rather talk knitting. But, I'll be back soon, with lots of pictures, several finished objects, and some newfound insight into pattern writing.
Me... I'm just hoping that tomorrow in between thinking about grid computing and mobile marketing I can finally get the 3 year old into his newest knitwear for a photo shoot. The five month old wore his today (he's too little to negotiate or refuse) - and promptly spit up all over it halfway through me trying to catch the perfect shot! Sigh...
In the meantime, check out the following:
- Feisty fuschia and grey knit-ish buttons from the Knitty blog.
- Savannahchic Knits first fingerless Hooray For Me Glove. This is definitely making my "wanna make" list, though I'm tempted to try it in a funky colorway like the Phildar sock yarns (scroll WAY down) Black Dog blogged about - or in something Opal.
- Savannahchic Knits nice use of Kureyon for a scarf. I'm impressed that she thought - much less took the time - to reroll one of the balls to help balance the color distribution.
- Yarn Harlot's very funny recount of How To Make A Hat If You Are 12 And Not Very Careful About Stuff. You'll appreciate the parental moment whether you have boys, girls, or remain convinced you want neither.
- SequinK's very well-organized and purple-hued ring of index cards for a recent lace project. I haven't tried lace, but it seems like a good idea to me - and a very "neat" one as well.