One-sentence journal, one-staple collage (a la Daisy Yellow), school dropoff/pickup conversations, inspiring podcasts, and more.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin (podcast)
- Dear Sugar Radio (podcast)
- Cheryl Strayed: The Humble Journey to Greatness (video)
- Wild (the book, of course)
- One-Staple Collage (Daisy Yellow)
- Daily Paper Prompt #46: Stapled Collage (guest piece from Lauren Bergold on Daisy Yellow)
- ICAD (2016)
- ICAD Circle (new)
One-Sentence Journal Inspiration, Sources, Articles
Various articles (many by Rubin) describing the one-sentence journal concept, a few examples from bloggers, and an app to check out:
- Why I started keeping a daily “one-sentence journal” (ok, a not-quite daily journal).
- Write a Love Letter to Your Life
- Happiness Tip Of The Day: Keep A One-Sentence Journal
- Can Just a Sentence a Day Make You Happier?
- One Sentence Journal (see one intepretation of this idea in action on Chris La Tray’s blog)
- My Month of a One Sentence Journal – Search for Everyday Happiness (and it gets tossed!)
- Day One App
Note: Since recording, I experimented as I navigated school traffic one morning to see if I could get Siri to launch a certain podcast. No luck. Poking around now and might try Overcast.
As I work almost around the clock to get as many things prepped before I leave my desktop for my Mom’s, I keep circling around my reluctance to “not” be able to record for 3 weeks. It will turn into 4. And then 5. And we all know what happened last year! Unfortunately, I will only have a Chromebook with me, and I haven’t figured out a solution.