Episode 249 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
This episode sports Bazooka Joe in the title, but this is, really, a goal-setting show and a challenge to go public with your creative goals for August!
In this episode of the CMP, discussions about personality profiles, Bazooka Joe (and the weird spiral of memory tracking), the “taking your to-dos and goals public” mindset, and goal setting for August, including 7-steps to get you thinking about how to approach, set, and succeed with your creative goals.
The Flow of Episode 249 (and relevant links):
- Personality types – what are your letters?
- 16personalities.com (free quiz)
- Evernote blog post on personality types which prompted the discussion in the CMP group
- horoscopes, Bazooka Joe, Super Bubble, Double Bubble
- Remember this? Wrigley’s Doublemint Twins video from the 80s
- According to the Wikipedia entry, Bazooka Joe gum no longer features cartoon inserts!
- Bazooka Wikipedia entry does note the inclusion of the “fortune”
- [Note — I do not WANT/NEED any Bazooka Joe gum; I’ve satisfied what I needed to do with a photo!]
- Going public with to-do lists… and goals
- Importance of setting creative goals for personal (non-job/non-paying) projects that matter to you
- Monthly goal-setting is NOT the same as making a bucket list or doing a brain dump. Do those — but do them separately!
- Episode 228: Brain Dump
- The potential empowering value of public goal-naming
- Who cares about your goals or to-dos? That’s the wrong question.
- How many projects can you really do in a month?
- Don’t get caught up in comparing lists…
- Learning to understand your time… is key
- Good goal-setting can improve your happiness, contentment, and productivity
- Articles/resources/posts about public to-dos, goal-setting, and related information:
- My to-do list is now public, and it’s the most useful thing I’ve done in years. (Joe Reddington)
- Personal Transparency For a More Efficient To-Do List, Make It Public
- How a Public To-Do List Can Work for You If Nothing Else Does
- The Best Way to Reach Your Goals May Be Publicly Recording Your Progress
- Shame Yourself Into Productivity With a Public To-do List
- Unexpected Lessons From Making Your To-Do List Public
- SMART Goals How to Make Your Goals Achievable
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page