Episode 250 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, thoughts on “daily” and how the concept of daily varies for each of us and how that affects how we view beginnings, endings, and transitions to something new. Plus, thoughts on shifting to multi-day #WIP projects rather than start-to-finish-each-day projects. There are plusses and minuses, and I am feeling my way as August unfolds. But so far, I am enjoying the change of pace and working on a skill I often lack… patience.
The Flow of Episode 250 (and relevant links):
- Discussion of daily, challenges, ICAD ending, taking a break or not, transitioning to #WIP projects, the importance of “start to finish” projects, and more.
- Neil Gaiman 2012 Commencement Speech “Make Good Art” (video)
- #WIP – Embroidery book from Episode 223: Catfish Green
- Rebecca Ringquist’s Embroidery Workshops: A Bend-the-Rules Primer
- Bored and Brilliant: How Spacing Out Can Unlock Your Most Productive and Creative Self (Manoush Zomorodi; forthcoming, September 2017 )
- The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too) (Gretchen Rubin; forthcoming, September 2017)
- Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything (Anne Bogel; forthcoming, September 2017) )
- Essential Enneagram: The Definitive Personality Test and Self-Discovery Guide (David Daniels)
- #dycatchphrase (an open-ended “word” art challenge from Daisy Yellow)
- 12+ Ways to Get Words on Art Journal Pages (Tammy Garcia, Daisy Yellow)
- 27+ Ideas for Using Words in Your Journal (more ideas!, Tammy Garcia, Daisy Yellow)
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Music: Lee Rosevere
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page — please consider supporting the CMP. Support of $1 a month can make a huge difference for the podcast. Thank you to those who already support the CMP as Patreon patrons.