Episode 256 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — Personal Change and a Dog Log
In this episode of the CMP, talk about who you want to be, personal change, and a dog log finally comes into focus.
Things get a bit choked up in this show because the dog log was on my August 2017 goals, but doing it this week coincided with saying goodbye to a dog I loved very much. Fostering senior dogs is incredibly rewarding, but it can also be very sad, sad over and over and over again. This time around, the sadness was overwhelming. But knowing and loving Snoopy, who we called Snoop, helped nudge me into finally starting this record of the dogs who have come through my house in the last few years.
You don’t have to be a dog person to tune in. The discussion about this kind of ongoing log is relevant to all kinds of other logs, reading logs, to-read logs, quote books (or commonplace books), and more.
As for who you want to be? Have you ever wished you had a different name? Ever wished you were less shy? Ever wished you had more friends? Who is the “you” in your head?
The Flow of Episode 256 (and relevant links):
- Thoughts on who you want to be… things you think about changing (like your name)
- A bit of found poetry in looking through the search results on a “change yourself” search, including search result fragments from:
- Dog-focused episodes of the CMP:
- Episode 249: Bazooka Joe and Setting and Sharing Creative Goals (August goals)
- Episode 255: Setting Goals (September goals)
- Episode 220: Dabbling in Documentation (Personal Data)