Episode 260 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, pulling together a week of spaghetti threads. Advance warning that this one leans toward the melodramatic and the philosophical. What do a “friendship” episode of a podcast and some forced in-person meetings have to do with my nightly (daily) drawing? Plus, the person you know you really need to know… you just know (AKA, listening to two podcast interviews with Maira Kalman).
This show gets continued, clarified, expanded and expounded upon in Episode 261 (forthcoming), so don’t jump to any conclusions! By the way… virtual coffee works for me. It’s what I have time for, can fit in, and can do in tandem with the rest of my day. Virtual coffee leaves me time to do my art in the margins, to devote minutes or hours to drawing, knitting, sewing, podcasting…
The Flow of Episode 260 (and relevant links):
- The To-Do List (Good Life Project)
- GRETCHEN RUBIN: THE FOUR TENDENCIES (HOW TO START AND STICK TO ANYTHING) (Good Life Project)
- The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too) (Gretchen Rubin’s new book)
- Quiz for Gretchen Rubin’s 4 personality types
- Podcast: Finding Your Creative Community (with Dane Sanders) (Accidental Creative podcast)
- Debbie Millman’s interview with Maira Kalman on Design Matters
- Krista Tippet’s On Being interview with Maira Kalman (podcast and transcript)
- the green chairs (On Being Instagram)
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Support the Creativity Matters Podcast with Patreon!